Modernizing and improving lighting is key for businesses. Newer, modern lighting can produce stronger lighting that’s more energy-efficient, too. LED flat panel lights are a common choice for both commercial and residential applications because they lead to long-term savings.
LED lights are replacing fluorescent lights because they offer:
- Greater control
- Cost savings
- Increased lighting
When comparing the longevity of fluorescent and LED bulbs, the LED wins out in all aspects. The benefits of LED cannot be overlooked.
Benefits of Flat Panel LED Ceiling Lights
Considering new lighting? LED lights have several benefits over halogen, fluorescent or other types of lights. Choosing LED lights leads to numerous benefits:
- Lifespan. The lifespan of the average fluorescent bulb is somewhere between 15 and 30 thousand hours. While this figure may sound high, the average LED bulb lasts between 50 and 100 thousand hours – significantly longer than other bulbs.
- Replacement. The short replacement time of other bulbs is a hassle, especially in a commercial setting. Fewer replacements mean lower expenditures and fewer inconveniences overall.
- Energy. Saving money is what residential and commercial users often look at after searching for the lifespan of the bulb. LED bulbs are 90% more efficient than incandescent and require about 50% lower wattage than their fluorescent counterparts. Businesses can greatly lower their energy bills with a simple bulb change.
- Sustainability. An increase in energy efficiency leads to a direct increase in sustainability. Using more energy-efficient bulbs helps reduce a business’s impact on the environment.
- Even light distribution. An LED flat panel light can sit flush with the ceiling and are very thin. These light panels offer even light distribution to brighten up a space.
- Dimming. A common misconception is that LED lights cannot be dimmed. Dimming is an available option on many panel lights. When used in a commercial setting, the dimming feature can provide ambiance that’s perfect for restaurants and other industries.
- Color and temperature. There are a wide range of color and temperature options, including 3000K to 5000K color temperature options, available.
- Shatter-resistant. A lot of bulbs are designed to be shatter-resistant so that you never have to worry about bulbs breaking, especially if you have children.
Where Commercial LED Panel Lighting Used?
LED panels are one of the most versatile, common lighting options used in commercial settings. You’ll find these panels in multiple industries, including:
- Hotel Lobbies where lighting needs to be bright or ambient, depending on the time of day.
- Offices where ample, bright lighting is used to illuminate the space.
- Restaurants where long-lasting lighting is required to ensure the room’s ambiance is perfect for diners.
- Retail Stores where bright LED flat panel light is important for customer safety and also for illuminating products.
- Supermarkets that demand bright overhead lighting.
- Hospitals that demand bright light for patient rooms, surgical rooms, and others.
Commercial and residential uses for LED lights are vast, allowing you to maintain a bright, warm space.
In a commercial setting, there may be a variety of light fixtures, including LED:
- Flat panels
- High bays
- Strip lights
- Vapor lights
- Wraparound lights
- Recessed troffers
A lot of commercial buildings will use flat panels or recessed troffers. The troffers are square or rectangular in shape and work nicely in recessed applications. When the ceiling height is 20 to 40 feet, the most popular lighting choice is the LED high bays.
Due to their thin design, flat panels are used because they can be used between multiple housing materials, including aluminum and plastic.
Where LED Lighting Works Best
Choosing lighting is more than choosing a bulb that illuminates a space. When opting for LED over competing models, you’ll often pick and choose which fixtures to change first. Flat panels work good for commercial purposes, but in a residential setting, LED is best used in:
- Living rooms where bright lighting is ideal
- Bathrooms, especially with recessed lighting
- Chandeliers in the living room
- Bedrooms with dimming light features
Ceiling light fixtures can provide a nice ambiance, or they can be used to provide spotlight-like applications.
Low-profile lighting, where you have very limited ceiling height, works particularly well for LED lighting. The most common spaces in the home where this form of lighting excels includes:
- Laundry rooms
A lot of lighting fixtures are offering advanced features and functionality, including greater light control and dimming options. Some lights are able to use your phone’s Bluetooth for complete handheld control over the light.
Common LED Flat Panel Sizes
LED panels come in a variety of different size options, including:
- 2×4 led flat panel
- 2×2 led flat panel
- 1×4 led flat panel
LED flat panel lighting provides benefits and perks that other forms of lighting cannot offer. As a robust set of lighting, LED can be used in both commercial and residential settings. Over time, the lighting will lead to energy and replacement savings.